Monday 30 May 2011

Confession



I have a confession to make. I cannot spell the word ‘necessary’. The S’s and the C’s confuse me. I can never remember which way they go or how many of each is needed. Being that I often spell words phonetically, as both letters produce the same, or at least a similar sound, I’m always tripped up by this word.

Unless I have a dictionary or something like spell check at hand, I try to avoid writing this word. And it’s not just this word. There are other words I can’t spell as well. For years I used to spell ‘definitely’ as ‘definately’. I can’t think of any other words off the top of my head at the moment but when it comes to the word necessary… yep, I just can’t spell it.

So there we have it. A writer who can’t spell. It just goes to show how important a tool the dictionary and spell check are when it comes to writing.

Spell check – I would be lost without you!!

1 comment:

  1. You do remember you have this, right? LOL!

    I want an update.

    ReplyDelete