Thursday 16 February 2012

Friends


Lately, I’ve been feeling very much like I’m being tested. As if there is some force in this great big cosmic universe of ours – whether it’s fate, doubt, inspiration or God – that is saying to me, ‘look, this isn’t going to be easy you know? It’s going to be damn hard and sometimes you will feel like giving up, so if you’re going to give up, you might as well do it now – okay?’.

To which I say, ‘I can’t give up – I have to write’.

Because as Merlin said in the first episode of the BBC show, ‘If I can’t write, what have I got? I’m just a nobody, and always will be. If I can’t write, I might as well die.’

Okay, he never actually said that. What he actually said was: ‘If I can’t use magic, etc...’ But the idea is the same.

Maybe I need a Great Dragon to guide me and call my name out as I sleep at night, then as I visit him, he’ll tell me all about destiny and uniting Albion... But then, I’ve got something even better than a Great Dragon. Yes! Something better than a Great Dragon! But what could possibly be better than having your own Great Dragon?

Great Friends.

Actually, they’re more than great. They’re as awesome as you can get and I have to thank them for their eternal encouragement. Without them, I don’t think I would have the courage to keep pushing on and to keep dreaming of what could (and hopefully will) be. They have given me strength and determination, for which I am eternally grateful. They have made me believe in myself, and thanks to them, when this great big cosmic universe of ours asks me ‘are you sure?’, I can say ‘yes, I am’.

4 comments:

  1. I believe every word you say, I think friends play a great part in our lives and we should always cherish that. :) P.s Shelz always speaks so highly of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends are defo very important in life - it would be so empty without them. ^_^

      *blushes* I have been so blessed and lucky to gain a friend such as Schelz! <3

      *HUGS!*

      Delete
  2. You took the words out of my mouth! We have an awesome circle of friends, don't we? I LOVED that you compared your writer's journey to Merlin!!! And being told we are better than the Great Dragon...DAMN GIRL my cheeks hurt from smiling so much!

    And so you know, YOU and Schelz and B are probably the only reason I even bother to write! Without all of your encouragement I would have given up ages ago! Olive YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merlin's quote about magic always stuck out for me and I remember thinking when I read it how much it could apply to many passions people have.

      As for my awesome friends, I'd be so lost without you all! ^_^

      Delete